At Dover, we believe that green business is good business.
QUARTZDYNE'S LEED SILVER FACILITY
Quartzdyne is committed to sustainability. From our green Headquarters, to our product which enhances the efficiency and productivity of oil and gas companies, Quartzdyne seeks to foster a healthy environment for our employees, our customers, and our world.
We’re proud to manufacture precision pressure transducers and other downhole instrumentation that enhance recovery of hydrocarbon reservoirs. Enhanced recovery reduces demand for new drilling and its environmental impact. Similarly we’ve sought to sustain the environment with our new facility.
The Rocky Mountains surrounding Quartzdyne’s facility are a constant reminder of our connection with the environment. So when we considered a new facility to accommodate growth, we designed it with sensitivity to the environment, while carefully weighing capital and operating costs.
Quartzdyne’s new headquarters achieved LEED® Silver Certification with the U. S. Green Building Council’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) green building program; LEED is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of green buildings.
The following list includes some of the measures taken to achieve this certification:
- Ultra-high-efficiency HVAC system which captures and manages process energy while dynamically adapting to a broad range outside weather conditions
- Sun-tracking skylights in the manufacturing area
- High efficiency windows in offices and common areas
- Incorporation of recycled, renewable and locally-sourced building materials
- An extensive recycling program started during construction and continuing today
- Preservation of native wetlands adjacent to the site
- Water efficient landscaping
- Low volume and dual flush toilets
- Preferred parking for carpools and high-efficiency or alternative fuel vehicles
- Showers and indoor bicycle storage for those who choose to cycle to work
Learn more about these and other measures that contribute to Quartzdyne’s sustainability initiatives on Quartzdyne’s Sustainability Website.
The 'LEED® Certification Mark' is a registered trademark owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and is used with permission.